My Family

Friday, February 08, 2008

Friday comes to a close...

We had a great day even with our schedule being totally thrown in the trash after the Embassy. He still went down for two naps and right now is playing with Daddy in the Baby Lounge while I type away.

Speaking of typing away the email is still giving me fits. I am able to check but only able to reply half the time. It seems to be better this evening so maybe tomorrow will be better and I can reply to all the great emails! Thank you everyone for praying and thinking about us.

Jimmy's foster mother made his baby food (which is amazing!) but because of that he HATES canned baby food. We tried to give him some peas and I thought he was going to yak all over us. Not going to do it. We went to the restuarant and asked for a side of veggies that we could smash into food for him, but instead of just boiling whatever they got out a smorgasbord of veggies and made him a lovely little cup of homemade baby food (which was GREAT. Brian and I both had to try it). He loved it and ate a ton. We have some left over for tomorrow too!

Jimmy also had his first sink bath tonight. He has hated the water. His foster mom held him and sponged him off, but I just wasn't getting him clean that way. So I decided to start slow and put his feet in and then he just sat on down and splashed away. It was great and I feel like I finally got him clean!

Brian has been amazing and he and Jimmy are definitely bonding. Plus he has just been great all around. If I go too long with cart Jimmy around Brian is right there asking what he should be doing or if he can take him. He said he feels guilty. I think it has not only helped me but helped with the two of them. Great husband and Dad!

We are going to try and venture out tomorrow. Today with the wonky schedule it just didn't work, but we are going to try and get up first thing in the morning and head out. We are going to try and do the handicraft market and the archeological museum. Maybe on Sunday we will go to Antiqua. We'll see how much we can accomplish without killing us and him...

Thank you again for all the emails and cheers of support. We feel truly blessed to have such amazing friends and family!

1 Comments:

Blogger MomHawk said...

Icheck your blog three and four times a day, afraid I will miss something. And there you are---I am loving this blogging, helps me feel like I am connected to all of you. I am crying right now, I just can't help it. I am so amazed by the two of you and now thee and love and miss you sooooo much. Sweet dreams Love Grandma Hawk

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home