My Family

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Second day is at a close!

I have everything laid out for the Embassy tomorrow. We are hoping everything goes well. We talked to a couple that said it was a breeze and they didn't even have all their paperwork together! So hopefully the same will be true for us. Veronica (our in country rep) is picking us up at 7:45 AM. We should be out of the Embassy by 11.

If anyone talks to my sister please tell her to check her email and email me back to let me know she got it.

End of day stuff. Jimmy latched on to me throughout the day, which was great and Brian kept saying he was just glad he was attaching to at least one of us rather than neither of us, but I could tell it was getting to him. If I left Jimmy's line of sight he would start to cry. Finally I told Brian just to do anything he could and if he cried to hold him tight and I went outside on the balcony. He freaked a little, but when I looked in Brian was bouncing him. There were a couple of moments when Jimmy would put his head down on Brian's chest and just hold on. I stayed outside for about 10 minutes. When I came in I didn't go to him immediately. Just stayed on the fringe talking to him. Well, I don't know if it was the right thing to do - - and if anyone has a rule book for these situations, please let me know - - but ever since then he has let Brian hold him and at dinner he couldn't take his eyes off of him. I think it was a good move.

Now speaking of at dinner... We were getting ready to leave and I noticed Jimmy looked wet. Well he wasn't just wet. And it was EVERYWHERE! Now I know that kids can get the poops at any time. But when you are in a foreign country without your doctor and you are making up the menu and you know the water can cause terrible illness, you get a little nervous when your kid has the runs! He hasn't missed a beat though. After we got him cleaned up and changed he was playing and talking. I brought the thermometer/pacifer thing with us, but he doesn't use a pacifier and I cannot get him to keep it in long enough - but he really doesn't feel warm. He fell asleep pretty easily. He was a little restless at first but I think he was missing that darn turtle pillow his foster mother said he slept with every night (but didn't bring for us!). I put his catepillar in the crib and he rolled over onto it and laid still. We are hoping it was that and not an upset stomache. I emailed Missy to get tips for over the counter remedies if it continues.

Brian and I are feeling fine despite a few mis-steps. We had ice in our glasses at lunch and I rinsed our tooth brushes with tap water. I cleaned them before we used them but you still get nervous. Last thing I want is to be sick!

Thanks for all the emails and notes. I will keep updating. This has been a lifeline and we are loving all the emails and notes.
Love you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home