My Family

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Shopping madness!

My family has quickly put together a shower for Brian and I in Medina at my Aunt and Uncle's house. I traveled last night to my Mom's house while Brian stayed home with the dogs to get some more work done on the rental property. He is going to drive up to Medina tomorrow to meet me.

Brian's Mom had started the holidays off right for us and purchased a ton of stuff for Jimmy. It was so exciting to get home from the holidays with the things from her and from my sister. I have had a great time puttering around his room putting everything away.

Well, today was my Mom's turn to go berserk with the baby stuff. Kate and she decided they wanted us to go shopping together. We went and cleared out a lot of stuff off the registry. I will add pictures of my Mom trapped in the backseat of my truck surrounded by boxes and stuff we had bought. Granted some of it were things for around the house and stuff for the shower tomorrow, but regardless they bought us a ton of stuff!

I am beginning to wonder how our little house is going to hold all of these things! And boy am I glad Brian is driving separately tomorrow! I don't think he would fit in the truck on the way home!

Update on the process. We received word yesterday that they received the final adoption decree and Jimmy's birth certificate. Now they are translating everything from Spanish to English and hope to submit to the embassy on Tuesday. After everything is submitted it is time for the 2nd DNA test. I have absolutely no idea how long the 2nd DNA test will take. I am betting we will be traveling around the 25th but I am totally guessing... We will probably have to wait until Friday to receive more information. I will post as soon as we hear anything additional.

Everything has been really busy, which I greatly appreciate. We move from the shower tomorrow to the National Championship game Monday night. What a great way to start off the new year. Now if we can just get the rest of the month to go just as quickly... Go BUCKS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home