My Family

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Freakin' OUT!

Yep. I am officially freakin' out. I have had a list going of all the things that needed to happen before we left and I really haven't checked anything off. I think yesterday and this morning I was a little paralyzed. Just sort of sat around spacing out. Brian and I went on a date last night and we are eating dinner. Brian must have asked me 20 times if I was alright. I am. Just sort of drifting.

Finally today I went to get some travel supplies and I started on document organizing. I told Brian I don't want us to look like morons at the Embassy so everything was going into a nice expandable file with neat labels. In reviewing everything - - thank God I did! - - I noticed that in the instructions for several of the documents I had handwritten it clearly stated that they must be typed and would not be accepted by the Embassy handwritten. Crap! I got that all straightened out - though I must ask, Why didn't the agency rep who reviewed these things just remind me?

Then I noticed that one of the forms we signed and had notarized we weren't supposed to sign yet. That's done in Guatemala. Crap! Printed a nice clean copy of it.

Then one of the forms that we hadn't signed yet needs to be signed and notarized... I think here in the states. Crap! We have time to fix all of this. That's why it was on the list to go through it all now. But catching all of these mistakes certainly didn't make me feel any better!

I really, really just want all of this over with! I want to be home with my son and not have to worry about I-600s or I-171Hs or whatever other mysteriously numbered documents you can think of!

Tomorrow is my last day at work. I have all day on Tuesday and really there isn't that much to do. Jimmy's stuff has been packed. The house needs sweeped and straightened up but we have kept up on it so it shouldn't take long. And then we need to pack.......... Regardless, though I just want it over!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home