My Family

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Second day is going great.

Jimmy eats like a champ! Anything we have put in front of him he has eaten without question or issue. He is definitely in 12 month clothes. The PJs we put him in last night are the perfect size without a lot of room to grow and they were 9 - 12. We have gone through one diaper change... and am waiting on the next. He isn't a fan of baths or diaper changes so far.

Brian and he are starting to bond. I think the fact that I was a woman is the only thing that has gotten me through. Brian he seemed a little wary of. He isn't really letting Brian hold him yet but he through a fit when Brian went out of the room to get us coffee. Wasn't having it. The temper tantrum allowed me to finally get him out of the crib. Since then we have been doing well.

He is allowing me to hold him. He had a bottle with cereal and then some juice. We ate some snacks that I brought and he shared McDonald's with us (yes, there is a McDonald's next door to the hotel and a Burger King across the street!). He tried a little of the orange/banana baby food I brought but the spoon I brought is crap. It is meant for older baby.

Right now Brian and Jimmy are playing on the floor together. It isn't his nap time but we might try to put him down for a little. I don't know how well he slept last night (even though he did sleep all the way through until 6 this morning). His sleep seemed a little tortured with the crying hiccups throughout the night. Regardless I was able to sleep and am feeling much better this morning. Hopefully he can get a good nap in and feel better this afternoon!

We probably will not be making calls. I will call Katie as planned on Friday but we found out that the charge is $4 a minute and we probably blew a lot of our phone call money last night. We will see!

Love everyone and see you soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger MomHawk said...

Hi you THREE! Jen and Brian it sounds like you are doing SUPER! Love and patience is what you are showing and of course Jimmy is already responding to both of you. I love all of you and can't wait for you to arrive home safe and sound. Love Grandma Hawk

5:02 PM  
Blogger Traci said...

At last,the Barlup family is complete! The whole state of Ohio just let out a peaceful sigh. We're so happy for you and cannot wait for you to be able to settle in at home and show him his super cool room. Jenn, the guilt and compassion you're feeling for Erika and Daphne is what makes you a great parent. I have no doubt that the two of you are going to make the best parents.

Dear Jimmy,
I can't wait to meet you. I hope you like your new parents. They're pretty cool. I'm sure by now you love them as much as I do. You are one lucky kid, dude. Let me know as soon as you're ready to go looking for bugs in the woods, I'll come, too.
-Aunt Traci
I love you guys, come home safe.
I called Katie today to see if she wanted to go to the FFN show tomorrow night and gave her my cell number in case she needs it.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Traci said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home