My Family

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Last post for the night...

Before Katie left she helped me to string the alphabet cards I bought and when Brian got home we hung them up. My Mom had sent down crib bedding and we put it on and snapped pictures so Mom could see it. I was sooo sad to see Katie leave! I loved hanging out with her for the Pat Benetar birthday bash. Very fun.


On another note - I sent my first care package to Guatemala. I must admit, it might be the only care package to Guatemala. I had been given baby clothes from friends at work and others, but they were all 3 - 6 months, which he is already in. So I thought, why not send it down there and he can use it now. It isn't going to be of much use when he gets home. Well, for 2 pounds of baby clothes I spent over $100 shipping it. Ouch! We will see if I can send things through the agency from now on...

We also received another medical update and I immediately sent it on to the pediatrician at children's. Grandmothers do not freak out! It seems he had an intestinal infection, which it sounds like was treated with antibiotics, but the antibiotics gave him a rash so he is also on some other medicine for it. Brian asked if this was a 3rd world country thing, and since I haven't really heard of baby's with intestinal infections here I am thinking it may be, but I don't really know. The pediatrician is really good about responding quickly so I expect I will have some more information soon.

On a funnier note, the foster mother's English is okay but in the reports she kept writing she instead of he. I called Brian and told him that our son has magically turned into a daughter.

Finally, we received the DNA test results and the birth mother of James is actually his birth mother. Sounds silly, but it was actually a pretty big concern of mine and I am relieved that came back okay. So now we know things are legit from that end.

We should receive another paperwork update tomorrow and I will know whether we are back in family court or not. Keep your fingers crossed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home