My Family

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Bad news was bound to come...

So Brian has been dying to know when all this was going to happen. Meanwhile, I have been telling myself late September or early October and I am not going to pay too much attention. He finally convinced me to email the agency and ask for some more information. I did. And the response was not what I wanted to hear.

We knew things might slow down. And all things considered it has been relatively surprising that it hadn't yet. But now it has. Instead of the 6 - 8 month waiting time we had been working off of, it has extended to 9 - 10 months waiting time. Which puts us in December. She sent me the list of everything left to be accomplished and it isn't short. We are in family court, which is a good step, but it is really only the beginning. We still have to wait for the social worker in Guatemala to meet with the birth mother and file their report (which could take 4 weeks) and for the DNA testing to be completed (which can take 65 days) and then we have to wait for something else (that can take 5 - 7 weeks) and then we are submitted to PGN (which takes a minimum of 40 days).

For how difficult the wait has been getting now I have to tell myself we are only about 1/3 the way through! Very disappointed. The longer we wait, the older he gets and the harder the transition can become. We just have to keep our fingers crossed that the go in alphabetical order and Barlup is towards the top!

I have decided to take a breath and slow down. While getting the nursery set up and starting to get things unpacked was a positive step I need to keep myself occupied for a longer stretch than I had imagined. I will move forward on getting registered, but I might drag it out awhile... And in the short term, we will celebrate Brian getting older tomorrow and the new Harry Potter movie and book this month!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home