My Family

Monday, February 26, 2007

Paperwork rounds one, two and three are conquered (almost)!!!!!

After all the craziness last week I was able to get into the Sec. of States easily and painlessly today. I am praising the powers that be! Now all my documents have all kinds of pretty stamps and seals and extra pieces of paper attached to them. I had to send the agency a list of questions because I am not quite sure what to do now. I know they need to go to the embassy next but I don't know if I send them in directly or if they go through the agency first. We'll see.

I need to make two copies of everything, get our photos done and wait on Brian's birth certificate to come back. After that it should be smooth sailing for awhile. I am sure we will have some additional trauma down the road, but I feel like I have conquered enough that I can handle whatever comes our way.

Brian didn't like the fact that I had been telling everyone I was doing everything. He thought it made him look bad. :) Truth be told, I have been doing everything, but only because I am being a control freak. And anything I have delegated he has handled... plus some. He did buy me a great dinner the other night, which is exactly what was needed. Tomorrow he has to swing by Staples and get color cartridges and glossy (has to be glossy) photo paper, so he is definitely doing his part. And he surprised me and decided he would get moving on the baby's room. He took apart the bed and started to refinish the dresser that was in there (of course as soon as the bed was done and the room strewn with patched up dresser drawers I reminded him that I still needed a picture of that room to send to Guatemala, but we'll deal with that later.). So no complaints on my end!

Everyone keeps asking me what the time line is now. To be perfectly honest I haven't the foggiest. I keep saying end of summer and we will just have to wait and see if that's true or not. I have a feeling we will know a little more once all the paperwork is through the embassy and we get our form back from INS... now we just have to wait and see how long that all takes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home