My Family

Friday, January 19, 2007

I have been really, really sick this whole week. Two visits to my doctor resulted in the lovely diagnosis of a cold. I don't really think I have ever had a cold like this! I missed the entire week of work, which I don't think as ever happened due to illness. Regardless, after the second appointment yesterday I was given an anti-inflammatory for my throat and a decongestant that seems to be working better than the over the counter brand I had been using. Yesterday, despite feeling sleepy from the medicine I did a bunch of the cleaning. Brian came home and finished up his homestudy homework.

Today I am braving the snow and going to try to get the last of our dossier paperwork together. We have a couple of things that still need notarized but I think we are going to try and do that tomorrow after our social worker leaves. Today I am on the quest for two certified copies of our marriage license. I know we are getting close. We still need to collect some family pictures, but we are almost there. The goal is that when the homestudy report is handed to us - sometime this coming week - we are ready to move on getting the dossier finalized.

I cannot tell you how depressed I was to miss so much work this week knowing that I have days left to take off to finish this paperwork. I tried to save up time so that I would be able to take off plenty of paid leave when the baby is here and I am just burning through it with days off for paperwork and illness. Life is too short to worry about it and I know in the end it will work itself out, but man, it made me mad.

I am so glad that tomorrow marks the end of the homestudy. The house looks great. If I can figure out how to bathe the dogs without wrecking it everything will be fine. I hope that once this is done with I will be able to sleep because that has been difficult for me lately. If not, I think I will have to get something to help me sleep, but we will cross that bridge later.

I have started a pretty extensive list of to dos to keep me busy during the "wait time." I have been told it is the most difficult part of the process. I am sure it will be harder than I can imagine, but I am truly looking forward to the time when we have been approved and the paperwork is finished. Hopefully my list of things to keep my occupied will do just that.

Alright, here's crossing your fingers to well behaved dogs and neighborhood and to a clean house tomorrow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home