My Family

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

New Pictures!




This medical update was a little confusing. They seemed to have listed his weight incorrectly so I got a little confused. I forwarded everything on to the Pediatrician and she said he is growing fine and was able to give us some information on a medical condition mentioned on the update. The medical update said he was tongue-tied. This occurs when the skin holding the tongue to the bottom of the mouth is to large and extends the length of the tongue. Since it isn't affecting his eating they are not suggesting that anything be done about it right now - which I am thankful for. I would rather wait til he is home, unless of course it was a crisis. From everything I have read and from what the Pediatrician was able to tell us, it seems that most children learn how to compensate and do not require anything significant. Some do need surgery, but since he is eating fine now there isn't any reason to freak out about it and they will evaluate him when we bring him home. This was the first real time that I started to freak out a little. I know he is fine - if anything I was concerned they would go ahead and do the surgery in Guatemala and that had me more worried than anything else. I do want him home, but since we have been so slow in getting things together I feel like it is okay to wait. But when I read this on the medical report I wanted to run down there and get him now. I am sure there will be other things along the way that will have me in fits and I had better just relax and get to work on the baby's room...

Regardless, we think he is pretty cute and looks great. His cheeks are filling out and he looks really alert and active. They sent other pictures but they are all a little blurry - I think because he wouldn't stay still.

One more month down...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home