My Family

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Happy ComFest!

This is always one of my favorite weekends of the year - - Community Festival! Well, this year was a tad different...

I had to travel for work on Friday. I offered to drive everyone in my new car. We were returning back to Columbus and I was hurrying. Our sitter, Chris, had taken Jimmy down to ComFest earlier in the day and I was rushing to get back home. I hit something... I thought it looked like a previously smooshed animal. Not pretty, but no big deal, right? WRONG! It made a bad noise but I didn't really notice anything. Then another driver pulled next to me and motioned for me to pull over. That would have been because I had a flat. Luckily Traci and the others with me had experience changing tires because I have never had to change one before. They asked if I had a spare. I don't know! I didn't check when I bought the car?!? I did, thank God!

We got the flat changed. Then I started driving home but I was freaking out over having to drive the rest of the way on the doughnut. We used Traci's GPS to find a place to patch the bad one... Well, thank goodness we decided to that because I had gotten the other tire on the same side and it was only a matter of time. One new tire and one patched later I flew the rest of the way home to Columbus.

I dropped everyone off and went straight to ComFest. I was so afraid it was going to rain and even though Brian had already headed down he wouldn't have had any way to get Jimmy home since he only had his van. It did rain - and pretty darn hard - for some of the way home but it completely skipped downtown. We, of course forgot the camera, but still had a great night. Jimmy insistently tried to rush the stage during Happy Chichester's set. I got to show him off to lots of friends. I wasn't too worried about the camera because I figured there was the entire rest of the weekend to get ComFest pics...

Not so much. We made it down Saturday after his nap to get caught by the torrential downpour. It was fun for a minute but when I was losing my skirt because it was sooo heavy from rain water, I was over it. We left... We were going to head down again today but once again it started to rain. So one of my favorite weekends of the year wasn't really a weekend. What are you going to do?

We have decided to attend COSI's team party for Red, White and Boom. It may be too late. It may be too loud. We'll find out. Luckily for me, I don't have to pay for parking. I don't have to fight the crowds too much since we will be in a fenced in area. And once he is in his car seat I am sure he will fall asleep. If it doesn't work we can always head home early. No big deal. Last year Brian and I watched the fireworks from our garage roof and we talked about how once he was home we would have to try Red, White and Boom. We are usually heading out of town but since we are going to be here, this is the year to try!

We are also getting very, very close to Brian's birthday. Many of you know that I have been scheming for his 40th bash for quite awhile. I have MadLab stuff that whole weekend but I am hoping the gift of all gifts will make it okay that I have to be gone so much. For those of you that don't know what his present is... Well, you'll just have to wait to find out! Too big to put into the blog until the time has come to give it to him! Very excited!

The camera has been an issue. I shouldn't really blame the camera. My misplacing the software to download the pictures and video has been an issue. We think we finally got it installed and I can download stuff tomorrow. But don't hold your breath. All of our efforts to get the software of the internet hasn't worked so far. I have an email into Sony and maybe I can get them to send me another copy if this doesn't work. So, check back for pictures and hopefully video!

Miss you all.

2 Comments:

Blogger the Thomas team said...

I'd love to know the sweetie's reaction to fireworks. Was he awake? What did he think?

Love,
Angela

5:07 PM  
Blogger the Thomas team said...

That Traci can change a tire too?! Boy is she AMAZING! And she really needs that GPS! Thanks for sharing - I needed the humor!!! What a hoot!!

Love and misses,
Angela

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home