My Family

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Thank God!

We are walking around with huge, stupid smiles and a lot of shock. We received the best Christmas present ever. We have gotten through PGN... On the first try! In 4 - 6 weeks we will be bringing home our son.

Oh yeah... And my Mom is psychic. Mom called last night and left a message that said she'd had feelings all day that we were going to get news and we should call her. We both laughed it off. Brian jokingly called her my psychic friend. It was late when we got the message so I didn't call her back and planned to tonight. Imagine my shock when I was calling her at lunch time to tell her we have been approved! Never in my wildest dreams did I think we would get through PGN on the first try.

Steps left... Jimmy's birth mother will sign off on the final adoption decree. We have to fill out paperwork applying for his visa and birth certificate. The second DNA test will be run and once that is all done and confirmed we will be issued our official travel date.

I cannot thank everyone enough! We have the best friends and family in the entire world. It has been great to call everyone and let them know the good news... And yes, there are several of you I haven't been able to call to tell personally yet, but I am getting there. Expect a phone call soon...

I am sure by tomorrow some of the panic will set in... car seat, pack and play, diaper pail, diapers, formula... Ahhhhhh! But Missy has already said for me to bring my calendar to the board meeting so we can plan a time to go together. Phew. And thanks to everyone who has been asking what I need. If you are really interested there will be a list. A large one I am sure! Hey, I've got the crib at least!

While we are celebrating, I know the pain and stress others are feeling. We also got word tonight that the new law was passed in Guatemala. Luckily the grandfather clause was added, but no new referrals are being issued at this time. If you know anyone that has been in process and is without a referral... call them. No just drive over there. With Kleenex. And whatever else might get them through. Not only is this a sad time for all the prospective adoptive parents but also for the children of Guatemala. We can only hope that things are straightened out quickly, the process is cleaned-up and they re-open referrals soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

This is unbelievably awesome! Congratulations! Traci gave me your site address a few weeks ago and I've been catching up on your quest.

I'm still amazed you made it through the first time!

I can't wait to see him (well, pictures of him since I live in stupid Louisiana) at home with you!

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home