My Family

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Second round!

We had a great thanksgiving with trips to Kenton and Boardman to see family. We left my Mom's early Sunday morning so we could get back and get some stuff done at the house. We are definitely getting there! The second round of paperwork arrived the Friday after Thanksgiving and we having been working to complete the required tasks. So far we have been cleaning and preparing for the Fire Inspection which has been freaking us out. We went ahead and scheduled it for next Tuesday and I think we will both feel relieved when that is over and done with. The inspector that I met when I turned in the request was really nice and the things they ask you to do are not unreasonable. Tuesday night we were able to complete 7 out of the 9 things so it shouldn't be too bad with the entire weekend to finish the list up.

In addition we scheduled our physicals for the 11th. I have all the reference letters out and my employer letter back. I expect that by the 11th I should be able to mail everything for the home study in. Then we will be the interviewing stage which may not take that long. Hopefully by the end of January the homestudy will be close to completed.

With the latest packet came our I-600A, which is the form you send to immigration notifying them of your intent to adopt. As part of the form you send in your expected leave date to meet and bring home your child, while we are sure it is optimistic our agency wrote in an expected leave date of May 22! We both freaked a little to think it could even be that soon. It was unexpected - - but certainly motivating. To think that in 6 months we could bringing home baby James was more than we could have hoped for. Here's to crossing our fingers that our paperwork is filled out correctly, our fire inspection is perfect and 6 months can be turned into a reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home