My Family

Friday, November 03, 2006

This picture was taken in September at my brother Chris' wedding. Looking fancy!

We have spent the last several days filling out paperwork and working in the house. I am proud of us for getting the packet together so quickly. There are still a couple of papers that need signed, or corrected, but over all we've got the first packet finished!

Even better our passports arrived! We had called our Moms to order new birth certificates and I will admit I have been freaking out a little about the fact we didn't have our passports or our birth certificates, but both our now here and very early! This means we should be able to send in the next packet early next week.

Today we are leaving for my brother Mat's wedding. We will spend tonight in Boardman while Dad is here and keeps the dogs. When we get home tomorrow Brian wants to work in the house, mostly on the downstairs bathroom. Once the bathroom is finished we'll send in the packet. I have been warning everyone that there will be a Barlup cleaning party. I have been going through each room and "de-junking." I figure once I get the layer of clutter out of the way all we need to do is sweep and dust. Brian laughed at me for cleaning out the kitchen cabinets - they're not going to be looking in my kitchen cabinets - but I figured we had all kinds of stuff we didn't need and we might as well start making room. I already feel a lot better and I am only half done.

Work has been tough the last couple of days. Just busy and slightly stressful. Such is the life, I guess. Overall, my job is great and I love it, so I really don't have anything to complain about. I work with some of the best people around... Caring, committed, funny and generous. I know I am very lucky. One or two bad days doesn't make for a bad job. But I am glad to have Mat's wedding to give me a long weekend. I feel like I am already being pulled at both ends. I want to make sure I am getting all of the adoption stuff done quickly and correctly, I want to clean my house, than I need to be at work and ready to go instead of thinking about how many copies I need to make of this or that, or how I should rearrange the living room furniture.

I knew it was going to get complicated and I am sure it will all work out. I am just glad for a little break where I don't have to think about either situation for a minute.

We had a great weekend last weekend. Traci, Jason, Brian and I went to the Mansfield Correctional Institute - - big, old, scary prison where they have a haunted house. It was so much fun.

Then Traci and I spent Sunday with our friends, Angela and Shayla, at Boo at the Zoo. I have pictures of both but for some reason it isn't letting me attach any more pictures. I will try to add them in another posting. We have been able to see the Thomas' pretty regularly. They suffered - we all suffered - a huge loss lately. Being with them, I hope has been good for them, because I know it has been good for me. Their daughter, Christi, suffered from neuroblastoma cancer and was taken from them recently. Christi passed away on the tenth anniversary of my college friend Tony's death. Such a sad day. Anyway, the Thomas' are brave, strong and the perfect parents. Upon first meeting them, I knew the kind of parent I wanted to be. More about Christi and the Thomas' at www.christithomas.com Keep them in your prayers.

I will let everyone know when I get the first packet sent in - - and I will let everyone know when cleaning day is :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home