My Family

Monday, October 23, 2006

Application Submittal Date has arrived!

The nicest woman at the bank called to let me know we would be receiving two welcome packets. Some glitch in the system. Well, the first arrived. Still haven't seen the second yet, but I suspect it should be here tomorrow.

Since we have checks we've decided to put the application in the mail tonight! Let the process begin...

We spent the weekend in Kenton for Brian's class reunion. It was a nice weekend and very nice to see Brian's family, but I think we were both glad to be back to our routine.

It was snowing today if you can believe that! Decided to include this picture of us on our last vacation to remind us of warmer days (though, I gotta admit it was a little chilly on the beach that day!).

Traci, Mat (friends from work) and I all braved the weather for lunch today. We were having a lovely old time in KFC when I overheard a conversation. I am assuming the three women I was blatantly eavesdropping on were social workers, but you had better believe the moment I heard "homestudy" I was tuned in. I couldn't really understand what they were speaking about so I didn't gather any pearls of wisdom, but it was funny none the less. Leave it to me to try and gather information through eavesdropping at a KFC!!!

Everyone we spoke with over the weekend - family and friends - are so supportive of the idea of us adopting. It is fun to talk about and day dream about the day we have out family. I appreciate everyone's excitement so much! And like I said earlier - - it feels like it has taken us so long to get to this point that I have no fear left. There's nothing here but excitement and it is great to have so many people to share it with!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home