My Family

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Packets in!

The first packet was finally mailed in yesterday. Brian has a list running of all the things left to do in the house, and surprisingly it isn't bad. He switched out the water heater and has touched up a bunch of the paint. He installed a door to the attic and a banister. He finished the downstairs bathroom repairs and ordered fire escape ladders - bottom line, he has been a machine!



I have done a lot of cleaning and we got the new recliner so we were able to move furniture upstairs. I was a toughy and managed to help him carry up the love seat so we didn't have to ask our neighbor for help. I think it is looking really good.

I decided that when I sent in the first packet I would have to quit a bad habit of mine. Today has been the first day and I am not doing too bad. I am starting to feel a little grouchy though through the morning I didn't notice that so much. It is amazing how many times I can think of it in an hour. A lot of the posted information to help quitters says to keep yourself busy for 7 minutes and the craving should pass. Well, it seems every 7 minutes I have to find something to keep myself busy with! I know it is just the first day and it will get easier... But goodness this stinks. One of the things I never should have started. Such is life.

Today is the big game and we are going to our friend Todd's. I will have the boys, Adam and Julian, to play with. Maybe I will take my camera... Go Bucks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home