My Family

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

So just to wax philisophical for a minute...

We are sitting here waiting impatiently for the President Elect's acceptance speech and I just have to say how excited I am.

I have been ready for a new day for awhile... To see new leadership and a new face of America. But now it means so much more!

As we sit here, in our inner city house, listening to the cheers, honking of horns and fireworks exploding around us I want to cry (okay, maybe I already did a little). I know that my child will have hurdles and issues... But I am the mother of a minority child and I am so proud of my country for looking beyond race and embracing a new day!

I don't want to get ahead of myself but next a woman! Then a Latino!

I posted a whole bunch of stuff so keep reading to get the updates on the person you all visit to read about...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home