My Family

Monday, September 01, 2008

Happy Labor Day!

This is the fist Labor Day that I haven't been at work in quite awhile. Now with Jimmy here, the holidays mean no day care so I have to adjust accordingly.

Thngs have been crazy the last several weeks. I have a new job. I will be working more on the design side of exhibits than on the education side. I don't have a title yet... I will keep you posted on that front. I will meet with my boss tomorrow and figure out exactly what the heck I will be doing.

This was the hardest professional decision I have had to make... Well, I say hardest but in reality I made the decision rather quickly. I hate walking away from the floor - - and my team!!! But I love my boss and I really based the decision on him. I don't want to have to navigate another relationship. I love the people that I will be working with... I hope I love the work!

On a Jimmy note, Jimmy bit one time on Wednesday. It was in the morning about 15 minutes after I left. The teacher told me she got in his face a little and was really stern. Well, I think it worked. He didn't bite the rest of the day and didn't even try on Thursday! Thank the Lord!!! I don't know what would have happened if he had continued to bite. Brian and I have literally been losing sleep over it. He was really hurting kids. We would ask him questions like are you allowed to bite and he would say no... but then he would turn around and bite not once or twice but up to six times. And I mean bite. Close to breaking the skin, bruising and the whole nine yards... I was sure we were going to get kicked out of day care and that would have been terrible for everyone.

Here's to hoping we don't backslide too much tomorrow after the extended weekend!

Brandy is flying in on Friday. Super excited. We will head back to our home town for our class reunion. Should be fun!

I am typing on my laptop again and I will get on the other computer soon to post some pictures.

Miss you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home