My Family

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Getting ready!

Things are going well. We got power back late Wednesday night. I had a trip planned with the girls... first all me and friends get away since... forever. We went to a little cabin at Mt. Gilead State Park and it was great. Very relaxing, but with everything going on to get ready I didn't get to really go to the store until last night. So I would say today we finally got everything back to normal! Or as normal as we get anyway!

Jimmy is doing really well. We had a word explosion over the past couple of weeks. He is now saying, "hot dog," "Oatmeal," "Emma (One of the dogs names)," "blue," and is trying really hard to say, "Banana," and "red." Its really funny when things just start to pop out of his mouth! He started saying, "Cheese" whenever I go anywhere near the camera an I realized he hasn't quite connected that to the food yet. He was point to some cheese that I had and signalling that he wanted some. I told him to say, "Cheese" and he clearly did it, but in the silly take-my-picture-now way. When I handed him the cheese he started playing with it like it was a camera. Cracked me up.

We are making it through books now before bed and I started reading 5 Little Monkeys. He knew the story and started doing all these funny hand gestures. I hadn't seen any of that before and it took me a minute to get it. He must do this at school! Aha! Its kind of weird to think your 18 month old already has this life that is separate from you and includes things you don't know about, but I guess it happens!

The biting is pretty much under control. He did bite a kid today, but they were fighting so at least it didn't come from out of no where like it had in the past. And that is the only time in several days that he has bite (of course, he did miss most of last week because of the virus, but we won't talk about that).

He had his ped. appt. on Monday and he looked good. He is now in the 20 percentile instead of the 5 he had been at! So definitely growing. The surprise was he has an ear infection. I had heard horror stories about ear infections and we never would have known he had one if he hadn't the appt. He is on meds and should be fine in a couple of days. We have around 3 new teeth and two to three more very close behind. These ones haven't been bothering him as much as some of the other ones... thank goodness.

Now it is just time to prepare for the big trip! Brian and I leave for Egypt on the 3rd and I am starting to freak out. I keep second questioning myself... Do I have everything? Did we get all the right vaccinations? I cannot wait to just be there and done with this part! Mom comes down Thursday night. I have to talk with her because I messed up our time back home and I think she is going to have to leave to go back to Boardman before we get back. Luckily Traci has offered to stay the couple of hours with Jimmy. Bummer is she is staying her with him for a bizzilion days and we probably won't even get to see her before she goes back... and we definitely won't get to see Jimmy before he goes to bed. I am a little concerned about that. Since we are supposed to be back to work the next day. I have enough time that I might go ahead and take the day. We'll see. I am also afraid that if I keep him out of day care I will regret it. I have a feeling we are going to be jet lagged. What are you going to do? Trip of a lifetime... no sense worrying about all that. We'll get back on schedule sooner or later.

Write more soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home