My Family

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Hola!

Even my sister cannot stop answering her phone with Hola! We are trying to mix in as many Spanish words as we know. Mom came today with a list of Spanish phrases. I don't know if it helped or not or if Grandmas are just cool because he went to both Judy and Mom really easily.

We have had tons of visitors pop in and out. Aunt Missy, Uncle Chris and Julian have been here. I think Julian was a little out of sorts. He doesn't get to come here often and then there were a bunch of us and the new little guy. He did great but didn't seem all that interested in making friends quite yet.

Friday Aunt Traci, Angela and Shayla stopped by. The brought Jimmy a toy from Christi's room and a prayer blanket that had been given to her. I so wanted to bawl when I saw these sweet things. I know they are meant to be used, but I will admit that it is hard for me. I want to protect them! But I also know that Christi would probably scold me if I didn't bundle him up in the blanket. Tonight I think we will use it when we rock to sleep.

Yesterday Uncle J.P. stopped by and helped Brian at the rental. He brought some a little scooter for Jimmy, which at first we weren't sure he would be hip too but he loved it this morning. He has obviously been on one before... or maybe I just don't give him enough credit. He was scooting around this morning making it play music. Too cute.

Last night we went to Todd and Amy's for dinner. They made us a central American meal and toasted Jimmy's arrival with sparkling grape juice. I wanted to cry it was so sweet. We left with a truck load of Adam's clothes. This is one well dressed kid to say the least. Jimmy LOVED Adam. Unfortunately love translated to I want to pull your face off. He crawled around after him. Adam was a champ. He shared his toys and let Jimmy pull himself up on him. He never even batted an eye when Jimmy went for his face. We were of course a little mortified. Brian gave Adam a kickball at one point and said it was his shield. Keep between you two he said... Didn't really work, but it was worth a shot!

It is funny being around the older kids now because they look like giants! We have gotten so used to little Jimmy's size. I kept saying both Adam and Julian had to have grown a foot since we had last seen them.

Today Uncle Chris and Aunt Kristin are finally coming down! So excited to see my brother and sister-in-law! We are also hoping my Aunt and Cousins can come down next weekend for one of the days and then we are going to travel to Kenton for the other. Brian's sister, nieces and the rest of Uncle J.P.'s family have not met Jimmy yet. Can't wait to see him with all his cousins! I have appreciated them being so patient. This house just feels so small when we pack it with people. I have literally felt claustrophobic on more than one occassion. We just aren't used to having people over!

For everyone we haven't seen yet... We're working on it! We are slowly but surely making the rounds. Love you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home