My Family

Friday, February 22, 2008

First trip to COSI!

Yesterday Jimmy and I had to get out of the house... Okay, maybe it was just me! We packed up and went to COSI! I had hoped he would fall asleep soundly enough in the car there that he would get in his first nap, but that didn't happen. Despite being pretty tired, he held on like champ. We played a little in Little Kidspace and had lunch with Aunt Traci. I was able to visit with most people, though there are still people to see when he head back.

He was so tired by the time we left he slept for three hours! Bad Mom to keep him out so long... but I really needed it! Wednesday was a bad day for both of us and I needed a break. I realize that there is a big transition for us both but after waiting so long for him to finally get here I didn't think it would be as hard as it is. I am treasuring every moment, but at the same time I feel really cut off from the rest of the world. So when he is having a bad day I am just lonely and overwhelmed. And Wednesday was a bad day... I don't know if he was teething or what but he wouldn't go down for his naps. We struggled with both. I knew he was so tired but no matter what I did it was a fight. I had finally just put him in his crib with his bottle, but he decided to just play. He was fine until we started trying to get to sleep again.

In the afternoon he slept for maybe 30 minutes and that is being generous. When he woke up we snuggled for awhile and he wasn't fighting me to get down or anything but he obviously wasn't going to go back to sleep even though he about rubbed his eyes out of his head. Finally, I put him in his highchair and reclined it while I made dinner. He was about asleep when the dogs barked at something and woke him up... again!

Then the real trouble started. I was right there with him, but he started jamming his fingers down his throat gagging himself. I tried another bottle, I tried distracting him... nothing seemed to work. He was crying (because I was making him stop!)and I was crying... rough. When Dad got home I think we were both pretty relieved. Dad took him for the night and gave me a much needed break. I watched some TV and took a bath! Very relaxing.

So anyway, we slept great through the night and when we woke up I decided we were out of the house! I think it did us both good and I have such a great, supportive community at COSI that it was truly wonderful to see all of them and share our new family member with them.

Today we head off to the doctor who can hopefully help us determine if the fingers down the throat is teething or some crazy attention getting device. We will mess up his schedule again today but we will just have to deal. He really needs to get in to the doctor.

More pictures to come later!

1 Comments:

Blogger the Thomas team said...

You couldn't have picked a better first time to get out venue!

And from the time on your blog, you are up way too early my dear!

Hang in there, supermom!!

Love,
Angela

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home