My Family

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Camping and Happy Birthday Julian!

We finally managed to get away for a little bit and do some camping. With the shows this summer, my weekend schedule has been really full, but we headed out this past weekend. Brian found a campground near Galena that had a lot of amenities. He traveled up Friday morning and got everything set up. Friday night I had a show so he took Jimmy up and I came up later. The plan was for Jimmy to be fast asleep but that didn't happen. When I finally arrived around 11 Brian was at the end of his rope and Jimmy was wide awake. It didn't take too terribly long after we were all together for him to fall asleep but it was a late night for us all none the less.

Saturday I noticed some kids hanging around a tree near the playground. I saw they were looking at a huge hornets nest hanging in the tree. Brian decided to say something to the woman in the store... She replied that they knew already and the owner wanted to see how large it would get before he took it down. Now, had it not been about 5 feet off the edge of the playground I would have totally supported this endeavor but as it was right by the playground the plan didn't seem that smart to me. But whatever! What do us city folk know, right? I should have heeded my guts and given a little reflection before taking part in other activities.

We headed down to the petting zoo, which had a a couple of goats, a mini-donkey and a pot bellied pig when all hell broke loose. The goats were fine. The donkey was sweet. The pig... a big jerk! The pig wandered over and Jimmy was a little stand offish. Let's face it, they're not the cutest animals ever. When all of the sudden the pig sticks his fat head through the fence and grabs hold of Jimmy's thigh. When Jimmy started screaming bloody murder (and who can blame him) I tried to pull him away... the pig pulled back. That's when I went all sissy and screamed and slapped the pig. Now, had I been able to say punched the pig I would be proud of myself, but no, I slapped the pig. Wussy. I finally got him away. We headed to the camp store for ice. The woman charged us. Then proceeded to tell me that the pig had done the exact same thing the week before. Okay, what?!? Give us our money back for the ice and HANG UP A SIGN WARNING PEOPLE THE PIG BITES!

Needless to say, Jimmy survived the vicious pig attack with some bruising. And he has enjoyed telling everyone he meets that the piggy bite him! Tonight he pulled down his shorts while on the phone with Aunt Katy to show her the bite mark.

Candy for breakfast! Mom did not agree to this one!

Fishing in my pjs

Me & Dad

Nice Donkey!

Mean Piggy!

More fishing

Feeding the ducks from our tent during the rain


On Sunday after we got home we got to go to Julian's pirate themed party. The Bair's once had pirates living at their house and they left buried treasure in the backyard... which the kids had a super fun time finding. Thanks for having such a cool birthday Julian!

1 Comments:

Blogger MomHawk said...

I loved the fishing pics. Jennifer I went on a bike a couple of weeks ago and I nearly fell over. You may never forget, but one certainly needs to get back on the horse more than once to remember it.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home