My Family

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Our first bike ride!

Our first bike ride as a family and my first real bike ride in about oh... 9 years?!? You do remember but none the less I was a little shaky. We went down by the river and rode on the bike trail. Very pretty and now that we have been on the trail I am even more excited about the renovations to the Whittier Pennisula down by our house. We decided we will definitely have to do a lot more riding and are going to take them camping with us this coming weekend.

We went Friday night and picked out his bike helmet. He had asked for a yellow one and when we arrived the salesman picked out a really cool, old school looking black one. He was a little shy around the salesman and wouldn't let him put that one on. When the guy just happened to pick out the yellow one Jimmy let him put it on him. Luckily they had a yellow one!

Jimmy loved the ride and was really good in the little tow along. We were afraid that he wouldn't be happy with just sitting back there and would want to ride his own bike... Which is a tricycle and he still isn't very good at. He is getting better but there is no way he is up for the bike trail yet. Soon, I am sure and I am sure I will miss the time when he was too little to ride in the tow behind.



After the ride we stopped and walked around by the river. Jimmy liked this viewing area and kept looking down through the grating claiming he saw a fish or a frog or other such things. I have to say I didn't see squat... But whatever!

Once he figured out how noisy the viewing area was, he just couldn't help himself. He had to be extra noisy!




Mom came down this weekend and she got a hotel room with a pool so we were able to go swimming on Saturday. Then this evening she watched Jimmy while Brian and I snuck out and finally saw the new Harry Potter movie. I have to say that I read the last book so quickly I don't really remember what happens. After seeing the movie I know I want to read the last book over again. Thanks Mom for letting us get out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home